Database Migration Service Prerequisites
To successfully migrate a database using DMS we need these components:
- The Source is the database you wish to move data from
- The Target is the database you’re moving data to
- The Replication Instance processes the migration tasks and requires access to your source and target endpoints inside your VPC.
- Replication instances come in different sizes depending on your performance needs.
- The Migration Task defines the actual workload, and requires the 3 components above.
- If you’re migrating to a different database engine, AWS Schema Conversion Tool can generate the new schema for you.
In this section of the lab you will:
- Logon to the AWS console and create a DMS Replication Instance, Endpoints (Source & Target) and create a Migration Task.
- After the migration completes, you will come back to EC2 instance and verify the newly replicated tables in Amazon Aurora from MySQL Workbench.